Sunday, January 25, 2009

My left knee is a traitor!!

So i took a break from work, reading and all things indoors today (sunday). One other goal I have this year is to get fitter, swim better - longer, jump a higher bungee, run a 21Km (half marathon) without something on or in me giving up.

So to test my current status, I went for a triathlon:-)....The swim almost killed me, so bad was I my event was changed to a duathlon - didn't finish the swim....:-(I'm yet to take the ccie lab but i suredo hope my chances with it are better than what I had in water...

I transitioned after the last swimmer - to be fair- and off we went cycling....I think apart from laziness, and probably terrible eating habits, I'm a strong, good cyclist...the trails at KU-the university are not bad at all, parts of it are single track, brief vegetation then its you and open ground....

Ahhh then came the run, after about 4Km, my left knee totally gave up on me, the rest of the body definately felt betrayed, there was this awfully sharp pain from the back of my knee (I don't run much) and I swear I could hear my heart bouncing with every step...it ended well, heck they gave me a medal - probably to console me:-) the running kicked my ass though...This knee thing! not sure whether to get it checked out, so if you get by here and have a clue let me know...

Im dedicating more hours to the run and general fitness stuff every week, not sure what to do with the swim, need a plan..to complete a full triathlon by end of year I need to probably put in as much time as I'll do the ccie lab, It will be very satisfying to accomplish both by end year-something I plan on doing-....either way I find that getting out every once in a while works wonders for my concentration..... ahhh now back to IPV6.....

No comments:

Post a Comment